Renovation Leads to House Fire
Updated On: Jun 29 2012 01:25:56 PM CDT
A historic home that General Ambrose Burnside used as a headquarters during the Civil War caught fire, as a result of renovation, investigators said.
The home , on East Front Street and Johnson Street in New Bern, was getting its paint stripped. But at around 12:45 p.m., flames erupted as a result of workers warming up the paint prior to removing it, fire officials said.
No one was injured. But the fire left a hole in the home's ceiling. A family had just bought the house to restore it.
Copyright 2012 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.