Fire chief: Christmas lights sparked house fire
Updated On: Nov 22 2013 09:42:49 PM CST
The New Bern Sun Journal reports lights on an artificial Christmas tree sparked a fire at a Craven County home.
The fire, at a home on Quail Ridge Rd. in Havelock, began shortly after 1:00 p.m. Friday.
The Havelock Fire Chief said the lights on the tree had been on for about 24 hours.
The newspaper reports no one was home, and the fire was confined to just one room.
The Red Cross is helping the family.
NewsChannel 12 is working to get more details on the fire.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.