Fireplace contributes to house fire
A fireplace, used by a family to stay warm Saturday, contributed to a house fire that displaced that family.
It happened on Oakley Road, near Sweet Gum Grove Church Road, north of Greenville.
The home's chimney failed, which led to a fire in the attic, a fire official said.
The damage rendered the home uninhabitable, the fire official said.
Fire crews got the call at approximately 9:30 p.m.
The two adults and one child who lived in the home must now live elsewhere, due to the damage, a fire official said.
No one was hurt.
The Red Cross is assisting the family.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.