New Bern
74° F
Overcast
Overcast
Greenville
72° F
Overcast
Overcast
Jacksonville
72° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Chief: Trash fire likely sparked shed blaze

Published On: Mar 09 2013 05:52:37 PM CST
shed fire
CRAVEN COUNTY -

A trash fire is the likely cause of a shed blaze Saturday afternoon, according to Brad White, the chief at Dover Volunteer Fire Department.

Someone was burning trash without using a barrel along the 300 block of Sand Hill Road about 2:30 p.m., White said.

A shed caught fire, and the flames destroyed the structure.

Embers from the trash likely caught the shed on fire, White said.

No one was hurt.

White advised that anyone burning trash use a burn barrel.