New Bern
54° F
Clear
Clear
Greenville
46° F
Clear
Clear
Jacksonville
49° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Chimney fire displaces resident

Published On: Feb 23 2013 03:56:22 PM CST
Updated On: Feb 25 2013 07:55:19 AM CST
fire
MAYSVILLE -

A Saturday afternoon fire left a local man not able to live at his home, at least for now.

The fire happened in Maysville about 1:30 p.m., a fire official said. 

The scene was on Highway 17, near the intersection with 8th Street in the Jones County town.

A fire official says it was a chimney fire.

The chimney now needs to be cleaned, and because the wood-burning stove is the only source of heat in the home, the man who lives in the affected home is staying with family.

No one was hurt.