New Bern
69° F
Light Rain
Light Rain
Greenville
63° F
Heavy Drizzle
Heavy Drizzle
Jacksonville
66° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Fire Marshal: Electrical wiring in attic causes fire

By Elizabeth Bynum
Published On: Nov 26 2012 12:37:18 AM CST
Updated On: Nov 26 2012 12:36:41 PM CST
GREENVILLE -

A late night fire forces one Greenville family out of their home, and fire investigators say wiring in the attic is to blame.

Officials received the call at 11:22 p.m. at 109 Elm Street. That's in Greenville, Pitt County.

Two adults and two children were displaced from the home, according to fire officials.

Greenville Fire Marshal Sam Smith conducted the fire investigation and concluded that electrical wiring in the attic area was to blame. The structure was considered a total loss.