New Bern
85° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Greenville
81° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Jacksonville
83° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Advertisement

Fire burns through family's home

By Kyle Horan
Published On: Mar 31 2013 10:27:28 AM CDT
Updated On: Mar 31 2013 03:01:50 PM CDT
VANCEBORO -

A morning fire burns through a Craven County family's home while they are away at church.

The Craven County fire marshall said the fire started in the bedroom of a house on the 1100 block of Kite Town Road in Vanceboro. The fire started after the family went to church sometime around 9:30 a.m.

Firefighters put out the blaze. It's unclear whether the house is a total loss or not. The bedroom area did sustain heavy smoke and fire damage.

Fire officials say the fire does not appear to be suspicious, but that it could've been electrical in nature. No one was hurt.