Four people displaced by morning fire
An early morning fire spread from a car to a home, making it uninhabitable.
Williamston fire officials said one person was sent to the hospital for smoke inhalation when a house in the city caught fire.
It happened on the 300 block of North Haines Street at around 5:00 a.m. Saturday.
Four people live in the home, but all have been removed since 50% of the structure was damaged.
Fire crews were on scene and realized the fire had originated in the car port and then spread to the house. Dispatchers said the call initially came in as a structure fire.
By 6:00 a.m. fire crews had the fire under control.
Stay with NewsChannel12 for updates.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.