New Bern
74° F
Clear
Clear
Greenville
72° F
Clear
Clear
Jacksonville
75° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Greenville man escapes house fire

By Amanda Brannon
Published On: Dec 25 2012 07:33:08 AM CST
Updated On: Dec 25 2012 07:33:27 AM CST
fire
GREENVILLE -

A Greenville man escaped his house after it caught fire Christmas Eve.

Greenville Fire & Rescue said it happened at his home on the 2600 block of Calvin Way in Greenville just before 1 p.m. Monday.

Officials said the fire started in the man's bedroom, and he was able to get out of the house unharmed. No other parts of the house were damaged.

Fire officials said this was an electrical fire.

No one else was in the home at the time.