New Bern
57° F
Clear
Clear
Greenville
50° F
Clear
Clear
Jacksonville
57° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Man Injured After Friday Night Fire

By WCTI Staff
Published On: Sep 01 2012 01:53:30 PM CDT
Updated On: Sep 02 2012 09:19:14 AM CDT
Man Injured After Friday Night Fire

A man had to be transported to the hospital after a fire at a Craven County home Friday night.

It happened around 8:30 in the 3000 Block of Clearview Dr. Fire officials tell NewsChannel 12 that the man was cooking, and forgot about the food. That's when a grease fire started. They say the home isn't a total loss, but the living room and kitchen were destroyed by the blaze. They say the a couple had been renting the home.

A neighbor says she heard someone screaming for help, and after seeing the flames, she called 911. She says a couple hadn't lived there very long. She claims the victim had burns all over his body, including his face and arms. She adds that fire officials had a difficult time locating a fire hydrant in order to put out the blaze.

The victim was transported to Carolina East Medical Center.

A family member contacted Newschannel 12 and says that Robert Taggert has been released from the hospital.