New Bern
83° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Greenville
84° F
Haze
Haze
Jacksonville
82° F
Overcast
Overcast
Advertisement

Man hospitalized after stove explosion

By Jon Erickson
Published On: Nov 17 2012 05:22:30 PM CST
ONSLOW COUNTY -

A stove explosion sent a man to a hospital Saturday night with minor burns.

The scene was at a camper on the 100 block of Old Ferry Road in the Sneads Ferry area, according to a fire official with the Sneads Ferry Volunteer Fire Department.

Crews got the call about 5:15 p.m.

Witnesses told investigators that the victim was trying to light the pilot light on a stove, and there was an explosion.

There was no damage beyond the oven.