New Bern
48° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Greenville
43° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Jacksonville
48° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

Official: Grill mishap leads to house fire

Published On: Jun 29 2012 03:34:44 PM CDT   Updated On: Jun 29 2012 04:37:25 PM CDT
NEW BERN -

Crews in New Bern responded to a house fire on Conner Grant Road.

Fire officials said the owner of the house was grilling outside when flames from that grill caught the house on fire. The fire spread to the home where, inside, they ignited an oxygen tank.

The oxygen tank exploded, quickly spreading the flames.

The couple and dogs made it out of the home OK.