Father shocked, killed while fixing up friend's Martin County home
Updated On: Oct 21 2013 05:22:51 PM CDT
A young father was shocked and killed while working on a friend's home in Martin County, police said.
Felix Jonas Hernandez, 27, of Greenville, was a bricklayer by trade. But because work had been slow, his friend offered him money to help fix up a house on West Green Street in Robersonville, said investigators.
Hernandez went under the house just before noon Sunday to fix up the ductwork, according to Robersonville Police. Hernandez, his brother, Jose, and another person went into a crawl space to pull out an old air conditioning unit. But Hernandez got the wires crossed and was holding a live wire. He was shocked on the left side of his face, investigators said.
The homeowner called 911, and when EMS workers arrived, Hernandez had a pulse. But he later died, said police.
Hernandez is survived by his 2-month-old child, his live-in girlfriend and his brother.
Police said the electrocution was an accident; no foul play was suspected.
Copyright 2013 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.