New Bern
52° F
Overcast
Overcast
Greenville
46° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Jacksonville
50° F
Mostly Cloudy
Mostly Cloudy
Advertisement

Fire chief: Christmas lights sparked house fire

By Valentina Wilson
Published On: Nov 22 2013 09:40:08 PM CST
Updated On: Nov 22 2013 09:42:49 PM CST
Havelock Fire

The New Bern Sun Journal reports lights on an artificial Christmas tree sparked a fire at a Craven County home.

The fire, at a home on Quail Ridge Rd. in Havelock, began shortly after 1:00 p.m. Friday.

The Havelock Fire Chief said the lights on the tree had been on for about 24 hours.

The newspaper reports no one was home, and the fire was confined to just one room.

The Red Cross is helping the family.

NewsChannel 12 is working to get more details on the fire.