New Bern
50° F
Clear
Clear
Greenville
54° F
Clear
Clear
Jacksonville
52° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Fire displaces family

Published On: May 19 2013 08:18:01 PM CDT
fire
KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY -

A fire sparked by food left on the stove led to a family being displaced from their Kinston home.

The kitchen fire was on the 1100 block of Ferndale Lane, according to a fire official.

Crews got the call shortly after 8 p.m. Sunday.

There is minimal damage to the home, but crews turned off power to the home after they arrived.

That's standard protocol at the scene of a fire, in order to prevent further damage, crews said.

That led to the residents needing to stay elsewhere.

No one was hurt.