New Bern
50° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Greenville
48° F
Clear
Clear
Jacksonville
56° F
Partly Cloudy
Partly Cloudy
Advertisement

Garage apartment catches fire and causes damage

By WCTI Staff
Published On: Jul 09 2013 10:48:06 PM CDT
NEW BERN, CRAVEN COUNTY -

Fire officials believe an electrical problem may be to blame.

The fire happened at 108 Poplar Street in New Bern around 9 p.m. Tuesday night.

No injuries were reported; however, there was minor smoke and fire damage to the building.

The incident commander on scene said the fire remains under investigation. They believe the fire may have started because of an electrical problem in a window air conditioning unit.