New Bern
50° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Greenville
48° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Jacksonville
54° F
Scattered Clouds
Scattered Clouds
Advertisement

Grease fire displaces Washington family

By Anna Bulszewicz
Published On: Oct 04 2013 04:51:18 AM CDT
Updated On: Oct 04 2013 05:02:39 AM CDT
GENERIC FIRE FLAMES
WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY -

A fire breaks out in one local family's kitchen, causing major damage to the home.

We talked with Sgt. Amick of the Washington Police Department.  He confirms the blaze started in the kitchen of a home on Slatestone Drive in Washington. 

The emergency call came in at about 9:30 p.m. Thursday. 

Severe damage was done to the structure.  According to Sgt. Amick, the family has no choice but to find another place to stay.  

There were no injuries reported.