Students dismissed early as authorities investigate bomb threat
Updated On: Jan 07 2014 12:03:03 PM CST
Havelock High School dismissed students early on Tuesday as authorities investigate a bomb threat.
According to Jennifer Wagner of Craven County Schools, someone phoned in a bomb threat against Havelock High School Tuesday morning. Students were then moved to Havelock Middle School to stay warm as authorities looked into the threat.
Havelock High School students were dismissed at 12:30 p.m. Tuesday, said Wagner. Parents who wished to pick their children up were asked to bring proper identification and go to Havelock Middle School.
Students who rode buses were taken home by buses, Wagner said. Students who drove were taken back to Havelock High School to get their vehicles.
No injuries were reported. At last check, no arrest had been made.
Earlier Tuesday morning, smoke was smelled inside Havelock High School, prompting its students to be moved to the auditorium and to school buses, Wagner said. Officials later found out that the smoke was the result of a mechanical issue with the heating system. The problem was fixed.
Copyright 2014 by WCTI12. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.