New Bern
56° F
Clear
Clear
Greenville
54° F
Clear
Clear
Jacksonville
54° F
Clear
Clear
Advertisement

Thanksgiving house fire ruled accidental

By WCTI Staff
Published On: Dec 24 2013 05:08:00 PM CST
Updated On: Nov 29 2013 08:44:19 AM CST
GREENVILLE, PITT COUNTY -

Fire officials said a holiday house fire is not suspicious.

The incident happened on Avalon Drive in Greenville, The call came in after 2:30 p.m., officials said.

The owners of the home were out of town at the time, but three cats were inside. Those animals were rescued from the fire.

Fire officials from Eastern Pines Fire-Rescue EMS said the fire started on the front porch from a heating lamp the owners used to keep the cats warm outside.

Calls made to the Pitt County fire marshal for additional information were not returned.